Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introduction

I was Mom's mistake. My parents were highschool sweethearts, but never ended up getting married. Mom was only 19 years old when she found out she was pregnant with me. My dad and my Mom's parents were furious with her, and she thought God had punished her.



I was Mom's punishment. Their reactions were reasonable, but added abortion to the list of her options. She was too young and unstable to care for a child. Luckily they all agreed to support her decision to go through with the pregnancy. I was born September 18, 1988 at Mercy Hospital in Cedar Rapids.



I was Mom's miracle. My dad was shot and killed in a trailer park when I was only 4 years old. She loved my dad very much, but was strong enough to continue on with her life. She recovered from my Dad's death and began dating again. And once again she was pregnant with my younger brother, Cullen. Once Mom told him she was pregnant, he left us right away. She didn't even care, she'd been through much worse and claims she wouldn't have made it without me.



Mom realized God hadn't punished her in 1988, instead, He saved her life...

No comments:

Post a Comment